Monasteries of Ladakh
- Region : Leh, Hemis monastery, Thiksey monastery, Shey Palace, Stok Palace, Phyang monastery, Spituk monastery, Basgo Palace, Likir monastery, Alchi monastery, Lamayuru monastery
- Duration : 07 Days – 06 Nights
- Season : May to end September
- Highest Point : (170 kms/ 8 hrs)
General Itinerary :
- Day 01 : Arrive Leh Travel by air to Leh from Delhi. Meet & greet on arrival and transfer to hotel. Complete day for the acclimatization. In the evening free to make short walk around the Leh bazar Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 : In Leh An excursion to famous monasteries of Ladakh. It is interesting to visit early in the morning to enjoy the praying ceremony at Thiksey monastery. Continue drive to Hemis monastery which is one of the most famous monasteries of the Ladakh region. On the way back visit to Shey Palace. Evening free to explore Leh market on own. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03 : In Leh Morning half day tour visiting Spituk and Phyang monasteries. Afternoon a half day tour visiting Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Shankar Gompa and Leh Bazar. Overnight at hotel
- Day 04 : Leh/ Uletokpo (70 kms/ 8 hrs) After Breakfast drive to Uletokpo enroute visiting Basgo Palace, Liker and Alchi monasteries. Also walk around the village and drive to Uletokpo. Overnight in camp.
- Day 05 : Uletokpo/ Lamayuru/ Leh (170 kms/ 8 hrs) After breakfast, checkout from the camp and drive to Lamayuru monastery. Lamayuru monastery is one of the oldest and spectacularly set founded in 10th century. Afternoon drive back to Leh. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
- Day 06 : In Leh: Morning half day visit to Stok Palace. The Palace was built by King Tsespal Tondup Namgyal in 1825. On the way back visit the Choglamsar village (The Tibetan refugee camp) which is famous for Tibetan Culture, History and Buddhism. Afternoon day for personal activities or a visit to the local Ladakhi family house can be organized on request at an extra cost. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 07 : Depart Leh Morning in time transfer to airport to board flight for Delhi. End of tour.