Kharnang Rupshu Trek
- Region : Lahoul Spiti Leh Ladakh.
- Duration : 19 Days
- Season : June to September.
- Highest Point : 4600 mtrs
General Itinerary :
- DAY 1 :- Arrival Delhi Reception in air port, transfer to the hotel, O/N in hotel.
- DAY 2 :- Delhi to Manali (2000 m.) 570 kms.16 hours,by night tourist busFull day sight seen in Delhi, evening transfer to bus station ,night in comfortable bus.
- DAY 3 :- Manali :Morning reached Manali , check in hotel , Visit old Manali , Hadimba temple, Shiva temple and monastery in town are main attraction, afternoon free in town, Night in hotel .
- DAY 4 :- Manali to Jispa -Darcha-(135 km )(3300m)Drive along the Beas river upstream long the true left bank through the several villages to the Rohtang pass(4050m). Down hill drive to the Gramphu and and passport check point at Koksar. Reach Keylong the tribal dist. headquarter 35 kms. a head campsite at Jispa.
- DAY 5 :- Darcha -Jispa to Whiskey bridge(4300m)115 kms -5 hours.The trail goes over Baralachala (4800 mtrs.) descend to plain of Sarchu, passport required checked at check post, after 30 kms, reach at camp site.
- DAY 6 :- Whiskey bridge to Tak,(4400m) 3hours, Trek 1 Short walk on the road, now trail descend to the riverbed, Day is very short to get acclimatize, camp.
- DAY 7 :- Tak to Base of Morangla (4600m) 3.30 hours. Trek 2After short trek enter by the narrow gorge toward the Morangla.. One can see the Bharel (the mountain sheep ) and the ibex. Camp on the foot of the Morangla on the scree.
- DAY 8 :- Base to Tahtau (4600m) over Morangla (5300m) 5hours Trek 3 Two and half hours climbing to the pass, enjoy the extensive view of magnificent Himalaya , descend to the camp site beside the stream.
- DAY 9 :- Tahtau to Yakbu (4500 m ) 6 hours . Trek 4 Since you cross the Morangla, very often you can see the wild life until the last day of the trek. Easy stream crossing thrice a day until the Yakbu. Near the camp site a small gompa has been built in the cave . Beautiful camp site is established beside the stream.
- DAY 10 :-Yakbu to Lungmotse (4550 m ) 6 hours . Trek 5 Again have to wade through a stream to reach Sangtha village of nomads; meet the nomad people. They live there seasonally. camp at the foot of Yarla).
- DAY 11 :- Lungmotse to Datt (4200m)over Yarla (4950m)8hours Trek 6 It is the longest day of trek. While crossing the pass, one can see the Kyang (the wild donkeys ). In Datt you will visit the old monastery and the village itself is very beautiful camp
- DAY 12 :- Datt to Sora (4600 m ) 5 hours . Trek 7 Walking through the beautiful gorge, crossing the crystal clear water streams. on the right side of the trail, one can see the ruins of an old castle of the king of valley. Camp site at the foot of Zalungkarpola .
- DAY 13 :- Sora to Langthangchhu (4500m)5.30 hours over Zalung karpola (5197m). Trek 8 Steady climb till pass , all around amazing view of mountain Ranges ; descend through the rocky and dusty path to the camp site .
- DAY 14 :- Langthang Chhu to Nimaling (4700m) 7 hours. Trek 9 Trail goes along with stream, few houses owing barley fields, Soon the path joins to the Markha trek. Now uphill track towards Nimaling dominated by Kong Yatse (6400) Camp
- DAY 15 :- Nimaling to Shang (3980 m) 7.30 hours over Kongmarula (5150 m ). Trek ends 10 Two hours gradual climbing to the pass; while descending, the trail goes through narrow valley . In Shang visit the monastery .camp .
- DAY 16 :- Shang to Hemis – Leh . (3400 m ). Trek 60 kms Vehicle will report in the morning, Visit Hemis , Thiksey and Shey monasteries, O/N in the hotel.
- DAY 17 :- Explore Leh .Visit Stok Palace, Spituk monastery, afternoon at leisure, night in hotel.
- DAY 18 :- Visit Leh town, the Royal palace, Shanti Stupa, monastery in the town , Afternoon free visit in town , O/N in the hotel.
- DAY 19 :- Flight Leh – Delhi Transfer to domestic air port, flight to Delhi. Transfer to the hotel, free afternoon. O/N in the hotel .