- Tour Route : Rishikesh – Gangotri – Badrinath – Devpryag
- Duration : 16 Days – 15 Nights
- Highest Altitude : 5968 M
- Region : Bhagirathi Valley to Alaknanda Valley.
- Season : July to September
General Itinerary :
- Day 01 : Rishikesh – Gangotri (3048 m- 10,000 ft) Drive (250 kms). Meet on arrival at Rishikesh. From here drive for Gangotri through the beautiful lush green valley. Visit the temple at Gangotri. The place where mythological beliefs say Ganga came down from Heaven and flowed down the valley. The Gorge at Bhairav Ghati & the Temple of Goddess Gangotri is worth a visit. The day for acclimatisation. Overnight stay at TRH.
- Day 02 : Gangotri – Bhojwassa (3792 m-12440 ft) Trek (14 kms -5-6 hrs). Morning after early breakfast start first days trek to Bhojbasa following the river Bhagirathi on right bank. Trek is full of fascinating Himalayan sights and you can have beautiful views of snow clapped peaks around. Upon arrival at Bhojbasa, set up camp for overnight stay.
- Day 03 : Bhojwassa – Tapovan (4463 m-14640 ft) Trek (10 kms – 4-5 hrs). After an early breakfast we start on our hike to Tapovan. Today we will move at a leisurely pace. Overnight in tents.
- Day 04 : Tapovan Like we always say, ‘Do your own thing’ today. Explore the meadows of Tapovan; attempt a short climb or just chill out, soaking in the beauty of this truly amazing landscape. Overnight in tents.
- Day 05 : Tapovan – Nandanvan (4337 m-14230 ft) Trek (6 kms – 3-4 hrs). Today we will trek downwards to reach Nandanvan. From here view the Shivling, Bhagirathi, Sudarshan, Thelu peaks and Kedardome. Overnight stay in tents.
- Day 06 : Nandanvan – Vasuki Tal (4880 m-16000 ft) Trek (6 kms – 4-5 hrs). Morning trek (11 km) along Chaturangi Glacier to reach Vasukital (4898 MT), a beautiful base for Mt. Satopanth and Mt. Vasuki Parbat with a small lake. The trek is steady upward. Arrive in 5-6 hours and overnight stay in tents.
- Day 07 : Vasuki Tal A crystal clear pearl set in an unrivalled setting, a base for Mt. Satopanth and Mt. Vasuki Parbat from where originates the Vasuki Ganga which mingles with the Mandakini at Sonprayag. The Tal is about 1 km in radius and has clear glittering water. Paian Tal is about 1 Km to the north-west. This lake is even more beautiful. At the bottom of it, you can see rectangular slabs of rocks, as if they have been placed there intentionally. The view of Chaukhamba peaks and Mandakini valley is breathtaking. Later on arrival pitch tents, situated by the side of this small lake.
- Day 08 : Vasuki Tal – Khara Pathar (5480 m-17975 ft) Trek (6 kms-3-4 hrs). Morning after breakfast start trek to Suraiaya Bamak (Khara Pathar) with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight in camp. Camping on Moraine.
- Day 09 : Khara Pathar – Sweta Glacier (5500 m-18040 ft) Trek (8 kms – 4-5 hrs). Morning after breakfast, trek to Sweta Glacier with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight in camp. Camping on glacier.
- Day 10 : Sweta Glacier – Kalindi Base Morning after breakfast trek up to Kalindi base. Overnight stay in tents.
- Day 11 : Kalindi Base – Arwatal (3980 m-13055 ft) Trek (14-16 kms – 7-8 hrs). Today’s trek is most challenging with steep climb to Kalindi Pass (5947 mt). Spend some time at the spot and then trek down to Rajparav (4910 mt). The descent from the pass is very steep over glacier and ice walls. On arrival at Arwatal, set-up camp for overnight stay.
- Day 12 : Arwatal – Ghastoli (3796 m-12450 ft) Trek (16 kms – 5-6 hrs). Morning after breakfast start trek to Ghastoli with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight in camp.
- Day 13 : Ghastoli – Badrinath (3096 m-10155 ft) Trek (18 kms – 5-6 hrs). Morning after breakfast start trek to Badrinath situated on the bank of Alaknanda, standing like twin sentinels over the valley are the Nar and Naryana peaks, and in the distance soars the resplendent Neelkanth peak. A seven hrs walk brings you to Mana Village, the last village before the border, where you break for lunch. Later a 2 kms drive brings us to town of Badrinath. On arrival check into hotel. Afternoon visit the temple of Badrinath. Return to hotel for Dinner & Overnight.
- Day 14 : Badrinath – Devprayag(230 km- 7-8 hrs). After breakfast depart for devprayag Check in hotel by evening. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 15 : Devprayag – Rishikesh ( 70 kms-3 hrs) After drive to rishikesh. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 16 : Rishikesh – Delhi (220 kms) Drive to Delhi and drop at airport.
Kalindikhal Trek is an extremely challenging expedition-style traverse of the Kalindikhal Pass (5967m) in spectacular Garhwal Himalayas. The route involves a trek over rough glaciers, rocky screens and crevassed snowfields. At times we need to roped up and require the use of ice axes and crampons. Kalindi khal trek takes you half way round Garhwal from the Bhagirathi Valley to the Alaknanda Valley. Although prior climbing experience is not required, this trip is one of our most demanding treks suited to only those who want to join a reconnaissance style expedition. The trek starts from Gangotri and takes you through Nandavan, the base of the Bhagirathi peaks, a place that offers an unparalled view of the Shivling peak. After gaining suitable acclimatization we ascend to Vasukital Lake, a stunning place to camp surrounded by towering snow-covered peaks. From here we climb on to Sweta Glacier and begin the challenging crossing of the Kalindikhal Pass. A tough climb from where you feel that there is little else left to be see. It is as if you are a part of this majestic setting of snow peaks. The trail then descends to Arwatal and to Mana the last village on the Chinese frontier. The trek fittingly ends at Badrinath with a visit to the holy temple and then travel via Rishikesh to Delhi.