Dodi Tal Trek
- Tour Route : Haridwar – Rishikesh – Dodital
- Duration : 7 days – 6 nights
- Region : Garhwal Himalayas
- Highest Altitude : (3680 m)
- Season : Round the year
General Itinerary :
- Day 01 : Arrival Haridwar ex Delhi by train and drive to Rishikesh (23 kms- 30 minute)Meet on arrival at Haridwar railway station and transfer to hotel in Rishikesh evening visit Laxman Jhoola, Triveni Ghat. Rishikesh is a gateway to the important religious places of Badrinath, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Yamunotri. Places of interest includes visit to Bharat Mandir the oldest temple in Rishikesh,Neelkanth Mahadev, also visit some of its many Ashrams: Ashrams are centers for spiritual studies, meditation, Yoga, sacred prayers besides being residential centers for the resident gurus. Overnight stay in hotel
- Day 02 : Rishikesh- Ukhimath (175 kms-7-8 hrs)In the morning after an early breakfast drive to Ukhimath via Devprayag and Rudraprayag. visit Devprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi, from Devprayag the Holy Ganges started), Rudraprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini River). Arrival at Ukhimath by evening. Explore the area. Ukhimath is the winter seat of Kedarnath, as well as the winter home of the priest who presides over his worship. After the Kedarnath temple closes for the winter, a movable image of Kedarnath is brought in procession to Ukhimath, where it resides until the Kedarnath temple reopens in late April or early May. Overnight stay in Tourist Rest House.
- Day 03 : Ukhimath – Deoriyatal (2438 mts)In the morning you can see snow clapped Himalayan ranges. After breakfast start your trek to Deoriatal through dense forest of Rhododendron and lots of wild flowers and ferns. The trek will take 3- 4 hrs to reach Deoriatal. Upon arrival at Deoriatal set up tents for overnight stay.
- Day 04 : Deoriatal – Sari – Chopta In the morning trek down to Sari village (3 kms) and from here drive to Chopta through dense forest and meadows. Its 30 kms drive from Sari Village. Upon arrival at Chopta On arrival set up tents for overnight stay. Evening free to explore the magnificent view of the Himalayas.
- Day 05 : Chopta -Tungnath (3680 m) – Chandrashila – Chopta After an early breakfast trek to Tungnath with packed lunch. Tungnath is situated at the height of 3680 mts from the sea level the highest in India. The trek is three kms upward through lush green meadows and viewing snow capped Himalayan ranges. Upon arrival at Tungnath visit the temple. After a short halt start trek further one kms to Chandrashila peak. Later trek back to Chopta for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 06 : Chopta – Haridwar (178 kms- 5 hrs)In the morning after breakfast drive to Haridwar. Breakfast & Lunch enroute. Upon arrival at Haridwar transfer to hotel. Evening vist ganga arati, temple. Dinner and over night stay.
- Day 07 : Haridwar – Delhi (200 kms- 5 hrs)Morning drive to delhi and drop at airport.
High up in the mountains is the Dodi tal lake – mysterious, alluring, and simply beautiful! The serene, tranquil surroundings, gurgling streams, crystal clear water, and dense alpine forests make for an ideal retreat. The trek from Dodital to Yamnotri takes you through high altitude grasslands and dense virgin forests