Nubra Valley Trek
- Region : Sarchu – Leh – Nubra Valley.
- Duration : 22 Days.
- Highest Point : (16,600ft – 5059m)
- Season : August to September.
General Itinerary :
- Day 01 : Pick up from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi and Transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
- Day 02 : Catch the early morning deluxe Shatabdi Express Train to Chandigarh- a 3 hour journey. At Chandigarh you will be met by an English speaking escort who will accompany you on the 7 hour drive to Manali. Check into a comfortable hotel in Manali.
- Day 03 : Visit the local sights in & around Manali. Evening free to stroll on the Mall and shop for local handicrafts if you want. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 04 : Leave after an early breakfast driving on the Manali – Leh Highway to the pastures and campsite at Sarchu. Today’s journey involves the crossing of two high mountain passes – The Rohtang Pass (13,050ft / 3978m); The Baralacha La (16,050ft / 4892m. Camp overnight in comfortable furnished tents at Sarchu located in a vast hi altitude plain.
- Day 05 : Leave Sarchu and after crossing the Long Lacha La ( 16,600ft / 5059m) reach the small hamlet of Pang where too there are tented camps. We continue to the 45 Km long plain stretch of the Kyungshu Thang or More Plains. Midway on this straight road we take a diversion toward the east to reach the large salt water lake of Tso Kar. You can see large crystallized salt deposits on its shore. We set up camp for the night on Tso Kar’s shores.
- Day 06 : Leave Tso Kar and head back to the Manali Leh Highway and after crossing the small temporary camp of Debring begin the ascent to the Tanglang La (17,469ft / 5325m) the third highest motorable road in the world. From here we descend to the Indus Valley crossing the small villages of Rumtse (14,500ft /4420m) and Upshi. Arrive in Leh by evening and check into a comfortable hotel.
- Day 07 : Local Sight Seeing in Leh. Visit the Shey, Thiksey and Stakna Monasteries. Return to your hotel by late evening for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 08 : Another day of sight seeing around Leh. Visit the Sankar, Spituk and Phyang Monasteries . Return to your hotel by late evening for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 09 : Another day of sight seeing. Today we drive east and visit the famous and richest monastery in Ladakh – The Hemis Gompa. En-route we stop over for a while at the Stok Palace – the residence of the King of Ladakh. Return to your hotel by late evening for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 10 : Today we drive to Phyang (15,744ft / 4800m) from where the trek to Nubra begins. Trek for a couple of hours to Phyang through a high alpine valley. Camp overnight.
- Day 11 : Trek to the Lasermo high camp 12,936ft / 4600m. Start early for an easy climb to the pass at 16,200ft/ 5400m, from where we have views of the Stok range behind and the Karakorum ahead. Then a descent- possibly on snow- to our high pastures camp.
- Day 12 : Trek to Brok Yogma 12,600 /4200m. It’s an easy trail and a 3 hour walk through a high valley full of wild flowers. Camp overnight.
- Day 13 : Trek to Hunder Dok on an easy going trail through pastures which are nourished by the snowmelt from the Lasermo La. Camp overnight.
- Day 14 : Today the trail heads towards the small hamlet of Hunder 10,500ft / 3500m.Walk through forested valleys and ascend some steep inclines to reach the end of the valley. Ahead you can see the snow laden peaks of the Karakorum and below us winds the old Silk Road stopover of Hunder. Camp in a grove of willow trees.
- Day 15 : Leaving the hamlet of Hunder we drive to the village of Panamik 10,500ft / 3500m. This is the heart of Nubra valley. Here you can see the double humped Bactrian camel a left over of the traders who traversed the legendary silk route. Another unusual feature is the sand dunes so high up in the Himalayas. The Shyok and Nubra Rivers flow through this fertile fruit rich valley. Reaching here by evening we camp near the hot springs
- Day 17 : Explore the villages of Chameshan, Pinchimik, Tiggur and return to Panamik for the night.
- Day 18 : In Nubra. More explorations.
- Day 19 : Drive back to Leh via the 12,700ft / 5570 Khardung La pass. Check into your hotel for the night.
- Day 20 : In Leh. Explore the lively bazaar and shop for antiques and other knick knacks. Climb up to the ancient imposing Leh Fort that dominates the Leh skyline. Evening return to your hotel.
- Day 21 : In Leh. Today you can visit the newly constructed Shanti Stupa high up on a hill built in a modern aesthetic style. Wander around the back streets of Leh with its quaint mud structures. Overnight in hotel.
- Day 22 : Drive to the Airport for your early morning flight to Palam Domestic Airport in New Delhi