Jeep Safari To Kinnaur
- Duration : 14 Days – 13 Nights
- Destination Covered : Kinnaur – Spiti – Manali – Kullu
- Season : 15 June to 30 September
- Transportation : Toyota Innova or similar class vehicle.
General Itinerary :
- Day 01 : SHIMLA-SARAHAN 7 T0 8 HRS drive from Shimla. enroute you will encounter Narkanda. A winter Ski resort and Rampur the old capital of Kinnaur. Upon arrival at Sarahan visit Bhimakali temple sacred to both Hindu and Buddhists.
- Day 02 : SARAHAN-SANGLA 6 to 7 hrs drive Sangla is also known as baspa valley os one of the most beautiful valley in Kinnaur. In Sangla vissit Kamru fort.
- Day 03 : SANGLA-KAFNOO 5 to 6 hrs.drive. Kafnoo is the starting point for the trek.
- Day 04 : KAFNOO-MULING 5 to 6 hrs trek through Musrang village and Jungle. First couple of hours involves steep climb and then gradual climb up to the camp site, a green meadow on the bank of Bawa river.
- Day 06 : MULING-ISTRANG Again 5 to 6hrs walk to the campsite the base of the Bawa pass.Today s walk involves a small river crossing and a gradual climb.
- Day 07 : PISTRANG-GURGURU Today it is a long of about 7 to 8 hrs. First two hours is a steep climb to the top bawa pass 14500ft. approx. As soon as you cross the pass one enters pin valley. the land of snow Leopard and Ibex in Spiti. you will also see a dramat ic change in the scenery.
- Day 08 : GURGURU-MUTH 4 TO 5 hrseasy walk to Muth village which houses 35–40 families.
- Day 09 : MUTH-GULING Again 4 to 5 hrs. easy walk. Enroute you pass through Tiling village and camp at Guling village. If you have enough time you could visit Guling Monastery which is of Nyingma pa sect of Buddism.
- Day 10 : GULING-SCHILING Today the bus will take you to schiling. the camp site. Have your hot lunch at the camp and then proceed to see the Tabo monatery which belong to Gelukpa sect. This monastery has completed its 1000 years in 1996 and His Holiness the dalai Lama had given kalachakra initiation to commemorate its 1000th year.
- Day 11 : SCHILING-SHEGO Drive to Shego on the bank of Spiti river. After lunch drive to visit Key Monastery, the seat of Rinchen Zangpo. and then visit Kibber village the highest road linked village in the world. also visit a small monastery in the village.
- Day 12 : SHEGO-KAZA-SHEGO Today you have a day free to explore the Kaza town is only 6 Kms. away from the camp site. worth paying a visit.
- Day 13 : SHEGO-CHOTTADARA Drive 125 kms.to reach the campsite over Kunzum- La 14850ft. approx.
- Day 14 : CHOTADARA-MANALI Drive along the river Chandra till grampu and then towards Manali over Rohtang pass 13050ft.